Saturday, December 6, 2008

Surrendering to Surrender

Surrender is a difficult if not dirty word inside the dream. Outside the dream it’s a joke.

A woman is falling from an airplane without a parachute. Does she surrender to the air?

There is only surrender. Any other option is a dream within a dream.

Start with the big things and then work backwards. Surrender to the inevitable process of aging and the unavoidable destination of death. There, that was easy.

It’s easy because it isn’t true. You are not really you. You are deathless, without beginning and without end and always now. There is no such thing as surrender. Always remember this.

So there is only surrender.

When I was a little child, I played with toy soldiers. Now that I am a grown man, I am the toy soldier. The Spirit that I really am, the I Am that I am, surrenders me.

I have no choice. I’ve been surrendered. Surrendering has happened. Pieces are moved. It’s either desire or demand. My orders are clear. I move.

To sum this up. The real You is Spirit. Spirit surrenders your dream character. Spirit moves the pieces on the game board. Some pieces are inside you. We call these pieces desire or intent (not to be confused with egoic want thoughts). Some pieces are outside you. We call these pieces influence or synchronicity. When it’s your turn to move, Spirit does so according to intent or influence, desire or synchronicity. And so the dream happens.

Suffering is caused by a futile opposition to this happening, resulting from a complete ignorance of everything previously stated in the previous paragraph. And then you die. Do not pass go.

Peace of mind is surrendering to the surrender. Go.

No comments: